Saved from: coqueterias.tumblr.com



I come from a skincare obsessed family. My folks notice every small detail when it comes to changes on our faces! recently I have been going through some skincare issues that I personally cannot explain; I came down to the conclusion that it might be the unbelievable heat of the middle east (witnessed some 50+ degrees C last week!!), or some issues in relation to my mental state of mind, as I have been suffering from depressive thoughts, lack of motivation, and such for the past couple of months. Things like this tend to influence skin conditions, causing acne to appear.

Today I woke up with some positive thoughts, which I am very grateful for because I have not seen eye to eye with positive energy in a very long time. I decided to start taking care of my skin again before things get worse. I scrolled through several at-home remedies for stressed skin, to rejuvenate it and to kill all the dead skin cells on the surface. I found the following recipe for an at-home facial mask that I immediately decided to try, which WORKED! I felt an instant deep cleanse and gentle exfoliation on my skin, leaving it feel and look more radiant and soft after the first try.

All you need is:

  • 1 tbsp basking soda
  • 2 tbsp all natural honey (it is important that it is pure honey, you don't need any artificial sugars, and other shit put on your face!).


I personally use an all natural Omani honey which always does wonders for my skin (both when adding to diet, and/or applying it directly onto skin). I have never added baking soda to my masks before, so this was a first for me.


So why does this work?

Well, honey is a great cleanser, hence the cleansed feeling you'll have after this mask. As for the baking soda, it acts as a gentle exfoliator which kills dead skin cells. Together as a combination, this very simple mask does wonders.

Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, the warmth of your skin will begin to melt the honey which will eventually get annoying!

I plan on applying this twice to three times a week. I follow this mask with a great moisturizer (especially now in Ramadan). I like to use something with spf to protect my skin, and also deeply moisturize.


Give it a try! It's worth it and certainly would not take much of you time.